A fantastic opportunity is available for a Finance Manager to join a friendly Finance team.
Our client, a well renowned multi-billion pound firm with an entrepreneur operating culture, are setting up a new accounting and finance team.
The company have over 40,000 entrepreneurs, all inspired by a vision of a world where people are healthier and live better. They invest in research and development to find new ways for people to look after themselves, their families and homes.
The role is responsible for the financial management of CHQ entities and it requires working closely with BSG. The Finance Manager is a key position within the CHQ accounting function. The primary responsibilities are to ensure that all financial processes are working smoothly (and being improved), data and information are processed in a timely and accurate fashion and that the reporting deadline is met. The succesful candidate will need to provide relevant, proactive and informative support to the HR, Facilities and Global Sales functions for Corporate Fixed Costs. Balance sheet and NWC management is also a key part of the role. This role will also be expected to perform monthly stakeholder management activities (such as budget reviews, forecasting, etc) and the preparation of statutory accounts for CHQ entities.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The role covers business partnering, reporting of CFC and Financial management responsibilities. Proactive control and accuracy are key for this role.
- The key areas of accountability are as follows:
- Business partnering with HR, Facilities and Global Sales Fixed costs. Helping business partners deliver their business goals by providing appropriate support, whilst ensuring effective, efficient controls and no violation of policies or codes.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of high-quality financial statements, books and records for CHQ entities. Providing clear documentation, process and understanding for CHQ entities and intercompany recharges.
- Forecast and Plan submissions.
- Ensure business integrity and compliance to corporate policies and controls across all finance processes. Continued training and process improvement to increase CHQ PO compliance.
- Ownership and delivery of statutory accounts.
- There will also be ad hoc projects and tasks to support accounting systems and business needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Business Partnering
- Corporate Fixed Costs reporting
- Management accounting
- Statutory Accounts
- Keeping all transactions under control: reporting deadlines and timetables are tight and accuracy is expected. All HQ cost centres and balance sheet accounts are reviewed monthly by Finance; this is a key role in a high profile department.
- The position is suitable for a qualified accountant: this is key to ensure technical appreciation and efficient execution
- JDE & HFM experience would be desirable
- Demonstration of a sound and well structured academic background (degree or equivalent).
- Two to three years post qualification, being familiar with working to tight deadlines and in a demanding, yet rewarding, environment.
- Also experienced in clear coherent intelligent presentation of information for use and understanding by all staff, from CFO down.
- Evidence of communicating to non-finance staff would be preferable
- The role may suit an individual wishing to gain experience in a major PLC: a future career progression on-site or within the group is possible.
In Return, the client is offering very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.