A well-established Hotel based in Henley is looking for a Head Receptionist to join their team as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and friendly team. In this role, you will be the in charge of the reception area and in charge of your own team.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, this diverse role involves responsibility for the sale of the Club Accommodation, Members tickets for various functions, restaurant bookings and confirmations and the welcoming and quality of guest service to all members and guests in a consistent approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain the Customer Service Values and deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Assist in keeping the reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- To organise the daily work of the department to include work rosters and general administration.
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with hotel policy
- To run the department effectively paying particular attention to cost saving and economy where applicable.
- To oversee and monitor all of the online booking systems ensure they are correctly priced and up to date.
- Keep up to date with current promotions and pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximising bedroom sales opportunities
- To co-operate with Management and all Heads of Department.
- To deal with internal departmental problems quickly and effectively, seeking assistance from the Front of House Manager as soon as possible on any major unresolved departmental problems.
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management.
- To be responsible for all floats and monies received and to be able to account for these.
- To ensure the training of all Front Office staff is to the required standards and to monitor on an ongoing basis and to ensure the “core values” are in common practice.
- To maintain standards of behaviour and appearance at all times in the Front Office.
- To abide by the Health and Safety policy to ensure that staff under his/her direction adheres to it at all times.
- To be aware of the need to observe Health and Safety regulations and advise Head Receptionist of any irregularities.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Members or Management.
- To ensure that budgeted bedroom sales are achieved.
- To meet each week with the Front of House Manger to discuss the current situation within the Reception department.
- To attend weekly Operations meeting and contribute to the operation standards.