Our client, a well renowned multi-billion pound firm with an entrepreneur operating culture are setting up a new finance team and recruiting for a Project Manager to join their friendly team.
The salary is negotiable (day rate) depending on experience.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join the client’s Business Services Group to drive a six month, high profile, project. Reporting directly to the BSG Global Director, this role will be accountable and responsible for a project to embed and drive our performance metrics (KPI’s) across our business.
Working across our markets and across our organisation the role will require process knowledge, project management and strong communication skills. The right candidate will be highly driven, energetic, determined and rigorous with a high bias for delivery and strong interpersonal skills.
- Working within a dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities whilst managing costs to agreed budgets
- Operating in a global environment working across all countries with country dependencies and hard deadlines
- Mixed systems landscape, coupled with partial Shared Services coverage
- To establish, manage and deliver the BSG Project applying the BSG PM framework
- Stakeholder engagement
- Manage cost estimation and budget tracking,
- Actively engage the BSG Leadership Team and across the organisation to address risks and issues.
- Line Management of the team
- Own Project resource planning, prioritisation and aligning internal / 3rd party resources for Project activities
- Figurehead and escalation point for Project issues
- Engage with senior BSG Leadership, stakeholders, sponsors and respective 3rd parties to ensure success Project delivery
- Membership of BSG Leadership team – to drive delivery and coordination across the team.
Qualification and experience:
- Experienced Project Manager ideally within a Shared Services and FMCG setting.
- Financial Process and KPI knowledge, specifically within the P2P process.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a complex, matrix organisation with a global scope.
- Strong leader with demonstrable experience in motivating and leading project management teams
- Significant Project and Project Management experience, hands-on experience of delivering results in short periods.
- People management skills, including motivation of teams to short-term (under 6 months) delivery goals.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence; demonstrated the ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives within a technical and/or new media environment
- Demonstrable ability to engage and manage all levels of stakeholders and multicultural audience/s through excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to drive disciplined project governance with high attention to detail.
- Formal Project or Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Powerpoint and PPM tools
A great opportunity to join a firm going through some exciting times currently.