A fantastic opportunity is available for a Finance Controller to join our client, a leading consumer company. They’re looking for an experienced Financial Accounting proffessional to join their Finance UK Commercial team.
- Running month-end close activities and ensuring monthly reporting in accordance with group financial policy and procedures, requirements and time lines.
- Balance sheet integrity and control including reviewing reconciliations monthly.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors.
- Tax compliance including monthly VAT reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and process improvement opportunity. Working alongside the group controls team and internal audit.
- Developing the financial controls environment within the business.
- Review of work performed by outsourced shared service centre.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Liaising with the shared service centre and being the point person for the business.
- Involvment in business projects and implementations.
- Managing the accounts recievable team and a team of accountants.
- Covering a set of the group’s businesses in UK and Ireland.
- Includes line manager responsibilities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant Business/Economics/Finance degree with significant accounting experience.
- Professional qualification (CA, ACCA, ACA)
- Prove business partnering experience
- Demonstrative experience in leading and managing teams.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of providing technical accounting advice.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and strong personal accountability.
- Strong sense of ownership, self driven.
- Collaborative with peers and colleagues to drive involvement and engagement.
- Attitude and aptitude to thrive in a fast-moving, demanding, changing, dynamic environment, with the personal integrity to make positive change even when it challenges the status quo.
In return, the client will offer a very competitive salary with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global business.