Our Client is looking for an office administrator to support the Depot Operations Manager to ensure customer expectations are exceeded. the job – holder will also provide support to the Transport Office co-ordinators during busy periods of the day.
- Addressing and passing relevant info to Contract/Depot Operations Manager, e.g. complaints, requests etc from customers.
- Working with HR and H&S to ensure new employees are processed correctly, assisting Operations with induction training, issuing of clock cards and gathering all personal information.
- Liaising with drivers and drivers’ mates with regard to general queries, including basic payroll queries/HR issues
- Process customer requests from initial order through to the invoicing stage. Record and input data to ensure accurate invoicing and minimal customer queries.
- Taking minutes at meetings and producing disciplinary and grievance notes.
- Keeping drivers/mates’ records, e.g. training, licences etc. up to date in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Educated GCSE (or equivalent) standard in Maths and English.
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence.
Experience/ Skills / Knowledge:
- Ideally 2 years’ office-based experience involving transport operations, or a sound knowledge of the waste industry.
- Good computer skills, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Numerate, and confident with the written word.
- Evidence of being self-motivated by undertaking relevant training and making suggestions for continuous improvement in systems and processes.
- Place high importance on providing the best customer service.