Our client, a well respected business are looking for a Internal Communications Officer to join their team. You would be working in conjunction with the Internal Communications Manager, to develop and implement internal communications strategies and plans, across all channels, to deliver the corporate strategy. In addition, working with the companies brand purpose, contribute to brand awareness and growth.
To ensure all internal communications activities promote, protect and improve the businesses image and reputation, raising its profile regionally, nationally and internationally, through the strategic direction and implementation of internal and external communications plans.
This is a wide-ranging role and you will be required to work alongside key stakeholders including a diverse Communications team which has a broad remit consisting of internal communications, national PR and media relations, ambassador and celebrity management, and stakeholder engagement.
Key Accountabilities of the Role.
- Support the Internal Communications Manager to review the internal communication strategy plan in-line with the corporate strategy. Assist in its design, implementation and monitoring, ensuring that it is continually improved using communication channels, sourcing relevant and engaging content for companies staff.
- To be the internal communications lead for specific projects or campaigns as directed by the Internal Communications Manager – working with, but not limited to, Head of Communications, Executive Directors, Senior Management, Project Management Office, People Services, Department Heads and a wide range of staff.
- Proactively write and edit engaging communications for a variety of audiences and channels – including announcements, staff magazine and social media.
- Develop strong and on-going relationships with key personnel and teams across the business to understand the work they do and help develop a culture and environment in which staff take responsibility for internal communications.
- Working with the Internal Communications Manager to provide advice to a range of staff on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges – including crisis and change management communications.
- Measure the effectiveness of key internal communication and engagement messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations for improvement.
- As directed by the Internal Communication Manager mange. Monitor and evaluate the companies current internal communications channels.
- Work creatively to establish and maintain new and engaging internal communications products and channels.
- Ensure the organisation is kept up-to-date on emerging internal communications trends and innovations and contribute to the debate on the opportunities these offer for the business.
- Supports their team and colleagues
- Works well with others across the company
- Is committed to quality and service
- Understands how the business operates and follows agreed procedures
- Delivers their objectives and core activities as required
- Takes responsibility for their own performance and development