Our client has a unique opportunity for an ambitious commercial professional to join their growing and niche industrial supplies business. This is a fantastic opportunity to create a track record in commercial management and new product development. Working as part of a close, collaborative, supportive and ambitious team, you will be responsible for the overall success of the product portfolio, from top-line growth to gross margin optimisation. Reporting directly to one of the two owners/directors, you will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Pricing to ensure each product category is driven to its full potential.
Your main responsibilities include the following:
- Becoming a product expert and enthusiastic ambassador, internally and externally,
- Taking end-to-end ownership of growing the gross margin of each product category,
- Developing product category strategy, targets and key value drivers,
- Using a data-driven approach to identify quick wins,
- Researching competitor proposition and customer/end-user feedback and needs,
- Implementing new stage-gate process for New Product Development,
- Working with Sales, Marketing and (external) Product designers to deliver the growth,
- Measuring product performance on an ongoing basis and course-correcting if required,
- Optimising margin, quality and service through supplier reviews and management.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and can-do mindset
- Excellent analytical skills (data-driven decision making)
- Problem-solving skills – ideally experience as a management consultant
- Commercially astute
- Process driven
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Emotional Intelligence
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please get in touch.